Question: How do I move Foxhound to a different disk drive?
Question: How do I move an existing Foxhound installation to a different location?
Question: How do I relocate the Foxhound database from the default installation location?
Answer: This example shows how to move an existing Foxhound installation from C:\ProgramData\RisingRoad\Foxhound5 to H:\FOXHOUND5.
- Run the Foxhound "unsetup" process: Start - Foxhound5 - 15. Unsetup Fochound
This step is necessary to remove the Foxhound Windows environment variables, startup shortcuts and some support files, but it won't delete your current Foxhound folder or database file.
- Start the Foxhound 5 setup.exe; e.g., Foxhound-Version-5-0-5259-setup.exe
Note that you do not need your activation key, but you do need stop at the next step:
- Stop when the Destination Folder dialog box appears.
- Click Change... to open this dialog box: Change Current Destination Folder (NOT RECOMMENDED)
- Change the value in the Folder name: field:
- Click OK, then Next >
- Proceed with the installation until this prompt appears:
- Type the value NOTHING and press Enter.
- Press Enter again when this prompt appears:
- Proceed with the installation until this page appears in your browser: Activate Foxhound with a Registration Key
- Disregard and close the Activation page.
Note that you don't need to activate this new copy of Foxhound because you'll be copying your old Foxhound database and that's already been activated.
- Shut down Foxhound.
- Copy (or move) and overwrite these two files:
Note that you do not have to run the dblog utility to update the new location of the foxhound5.log file.
- Start Foxhound.
- Open the Foxhound About page, and verify the location:
Foxhound database folder: H:\FOXHOUND5
- Delete the old folder C:\ProgramData\RisingRoad\Foxhound5
How do I move the Foxhound database to a different location?
How do I move the Foxhound transaction log to a different physical disk drive?