Question: What are the Foxhound system requirements?
1. Windows - Foxhound works with target databases running on other operating systems but the Foxhound engine itself only runs on Windows, and has been tested on Microsoft Windows 7.
2. ODBC - Foxhound itself uses ODBC to connect to your target databases. You don't necessarily need ODBC installed on the servers running your target databases, and you can specify DSN-less connections for Foxhound by using the "String" tab on the main menu page.
3. Chrome, Firefox, IE - The Foxhound client has been tested with the latest browser versions, currently Google Chrome 34, Firefox 28 and Internet Explorer 11.
5. SQL Anywhere versions 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16 and OnDemand 1.0 for target databases - If you have any target databases running on SQL Anywhere 5.5 you may have to upgrade them to 5.5.05.2787 for Foxhound to work properly with them.
6. SQL Anywhere 184.108.40.2065 or later for Foxhound - Foxhound works with target databases using 5.5 to 16 of SQL Anywhere but the Foxhound engine itself needs the 32-bit or 64-bit non-authenticated version of SQL Anywhere 220.127.116.115 or later to run.
7. SQLANY16 - The delivered *.bat files expect that the SQLANY16 environment variable points to SQL Anywhere 16. If that is not the case you may have to modify the *.bat files. Here is the default setting on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7:
SET SQLANY16=C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 16
8. FOXHOUND3 - The delivered *.bat files expect that the FOXHOUND3 environment variable will be created by the Foxhound installation (which will happen by default). If that is not the case you may have to modify the *.bat files. Here is the default setting for Windows XP:
SET FOXHOUND3=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RisingRoad\Foxhound3\
and for Windows Vista and Windows 7 it is this:
9. Disk space - When re-installing or upgrading Foxhound, 60% or more extra disk space may be required during the post-setup process. The "60% or more" figure applies to the amount of disk space occupied by the existing Foxhound installation, not the total used disk space on the drive.
How do I get a copy of Foxhound?
What are the differences among the different editions of Foxhound: Rental, Basic and Extended?